Here’s the card I created using these fun multi-step stamps:
I stamped the jellyfish images with Altenew inks. For the green one, I used (light to dark) Bamboo, Olive, & Moss; these colors also all come together in a set of full size ink pads, and a set of mini’s, too. For the orange jellyfish, I used Sunkissed, Autumn Beige, & Velvet. You can get these colors when you combine the mini set Warm & Cozy with Red Sunset; there are also full size sets here & here.The sentiment is created using Altenew’s Halftone Hello Stamp set & coordinating Die Set. For the background, first I spritzed 3 Altenew Shimmer Ink Sprays onto the paper (Lavender Fields, Sea Glass, Frayed Leaf). I let it dry, then I placed the Altenew Stone Wall Stencil over the background paper and spritzed it with Tsukineko’s Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spray; it gives it a very subtle finish. You can see it in this photo: My final touch was adding Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Cupped Sequins: 4mm, 6mm, 10mm. Thank you to MarkerPop for having me on their Design Team! Have a wonderful day, and Happy Crafting!
- Springtime Critters stamp & die set (just released in April!)
- Springtime Blooms stamp & die set (just released in April!)
- STAX Stitched Dome die set (just released in April!)
- Stitched Oval Word Windows die set (just released in April!)
- Slider Channel Builder die set (released in August, 2016; here’s a video on how to use this die)
First I practiced and practiced on pieces of scrap paper. When I got the hang of the stamping and how to line up the images (or NOT line them up, because with these images it really doesn’t matter if they’re perfectly lined up – that’s the beauty of it!), I copied a card from their fabulous instruction booklet. Here’s one they show you how to create:
Then, I went off on my own. For the yellow on the butterfly, I used Lawn Fawn’s Sunflower and Butter inks. To create this card, after doing all the stamping, I wanted a frame, so I used 2 Lawn Fawn die sets: Scalloped Rectangle Stackables and Stitched Rectangle Frames. The sequins are Pretty Pink Posh’s 4mm Lemon Meringue Cupped sequins.I highly suggest this kit to anyone who has not ventured down the Altenew multi-layer stamping process before! I’m looking forward to creating many more beautiful scenes! Have a wonderful day, and Happy Crafting!
- I’m Tweet on You stamp set & coordinating die set
- Cool Cat stamp set & coordinating die set
- I Knead You stamp set & coordinating die set
- Boutique Window die set
- English Brick Wall stencil
- Branch: E11, E13, E15, E17 / Leaves: G14, G16
- Grey Cat: T0, T2, T4 / Nose: R22 / Ear: R20 / Necklace: E000, E00
- Orange Cat: YR12, YR15, YR18 / Nose: T8 / Collar: B21, B24
- Blue Bird: BG01, BG02 , BG05 / Beak: YR27
- Brown Bird: E23, E25, E27, E29 / Beak: YR27
- Bird House: E33 / Roof: E18 / Holes: E79
- Butterfly: RV52, RV55 / YG23, YG25 / Body: W5
I’ll be entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!
I’ll be entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Flowers