- Springtime Critters stamp & die set (just released in April!)
- Springtime Blooms stamp & die set (just released in April!)
- STAX Stitched Dome die set (just released in April!)
- Stitched Oval Word Windows die set (just released in April!)
- Slider Channel Builder die set (released in August, 2016; here’s a video on how to use this die)
*****Don’t forget to enter into our Watercolor Giveaway this month! Check it out for all the deets!*****
Join us as we celebrate watercolor all month here on the blog. The Design Team will be sharing lots of great projects and fun techniques. We will have two Challenges this month focusing on Watercolor, and we have Prizes! We will pick 2 winners for a Prima Confections Watercolor Pan Set Of 12 in Pastel Dreams, and a Zig Watercolor BrusH2O Long Detailer Tip. And 1 Grand Prize – The New Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolor Brush Pen Set of 12. To enter, join us for each of our Challenges this month and share the contest info with your friends using the Hashtag #mpwatercolorgiveawayI stamped the images onto Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock with VersaMark, then heat embossed them with Wow! Opaque White embossing powder using my Ranger Heat It Craft Tool. Then I used the Zig Clean Color Set of 24 to color the images. The clouds are die cut from Bazzill White Cardstock Paper using 2 dies from the MFT Puffy Clouds die set. I painted the clouds with Zig Clear Wink of Stella. The scalloped frame is from MFT’s Stitched Square Scalloped Edge Frames set. The stitched square for the card base is from Lawn Fawn’s Large Stitched Square Cut Set. The background hill is the middle die from Lawn Fawn’s Simple Stitched Hillside Borders Cut Set. Hope this made you smile! Have a wonderful day, and Happy Crafting!
OK, on to my card for today; now remember, this was my first time using these markers! And I’ll tell you, I was thrilled with them! You can get a completely different look than mine today; for example, check out Lisa’s project yesterday where she’s also using these markers! Mine is a very solid, dark color, and hers is very light (& gorgeous!).
For my card, I’m using and older set by Altenew (I have just recently become obsessed with Altenew, so my collection is very small, but growing! I’m featuring the Oriental Orchids stamp set (they have a coordinating die set, also).
The colors I used for this card are:
- Pink (the main color for the flowers)
- Carmine Red (the center of the flowers)
- Light Green & Pale Green (the leaves)
- STAX ZIg Zag Square Stackables
- Little Picket Fence Border Cut Set
- Simple Stitched Hillside Borders Cut Set
- Watercolor Wishes 6×6 Paper Pad
- Grass: Grassy Border
- Hills & Trees: Stitched Tree Borders
- Background Forest: Forest Border
- Mountains: Stitched Mountain Borders
- Rectangle Frames: STAX Small and Large Stitched Rectangles