- Springtime Critters stamp & die set (just released in April!)
- Springtime Blooms stamp & die set (just released in April!)
- STAX Stitched Dome die set (just released in April!)
- Stitched Oval Word Windows die set (just released in April!)
- Slider Channel Builder die set (released in August, 2016; here’s a video on how to use this die)
- Stitched Mountain Borders die set
- Meadow Borders die set
- Grassy Border
- STAX Stitched Rectangle Frames die set
- Let’s Polka Mon Amie paper pack
- Noble Fir cardstock
- Mermaid cardstock
- Lawn Fawndamentals ink pads: Freshly Cut Grass, Celery Stick, Manatee, Fish Tank
- Critters in the Jungle stamp set and coordinating die set
- Life is Good stamp set and coordinating die set
- Gleeful Gardens stamp set and coordinating die set
- Flirty Frames stamp set and coordinating die set
- Critters in the Burbs stamp set
- Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die set
- Cat: E42, E43, E44 / Spots: E74, E77, E79 / Nose: R59
- Big Leaf Plant: G14, G16, G19
- Single Leaves: G24, G28, G29
- Tall Grass: YG21, YG03, YG23, YG17
- Short Grasses: YG23, YG17
- Trees: YG13, YG17, G14, G24 / Trunk: E70, E74
- Bird: B04, B06, BG000, BG02, BG05, R22, R24, R29, Y35, Y38 / Beak: E30, E31 / Claws: W3
- Vine: G14, G16
I’ll be entering this project into the Lawnscaping Challenge: Sparkle & Shine! (I have Stickles on all the flower centers, Zig Wink of Stella Clear on the bird & flowers, and Glossy Accents on the bird’s beak and the leopard’s nose)
I’m also entering the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Furry Friends!
For Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook May Release, we’re featuring the stamp set, Winston’s BBQ!
This set was perfect for a Father’s Day card for my Dad; I decided to make a fun shaker card with it!
Would you like to win “Winston’s BBQ”? This set will be given away to Two lucky winners!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, May 15th at 9pm Central Daylight Time to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 16th.
You’ll be heading to Tessa’s wonderful site now!
Check out all these awesome Design Team & Guest Blogs below to enter:
Valerie Ward (that’s me!)
Kelly Santi – Guest Designer
Tricia Traxler – Guest Designer
- Baffies-Kreativladen: Challenge #26 All Allowed (ends 12/10)
**First off, make sure you make it all the way to the bottom of this post; there’s a link to an awesome video by my dad**
I hope everyone had a nice day on Sunday; I spent it with my hubby and the 4 kiddoes, of course! I didn’t get to spend it with my dad, who was busy galavanting around Chicago with his camera, as usual! My dad is a photographer, and he LOVES photographing scenery – cityscapes, mountains, sunsets, architecture, animals, people, anything! Most of the pics you see on my Five Minute Friday posts are his, and I just love sharing his photos whenever I can.
Being the busy mom-of-4 that I am, and having a lot on my plate with design teams, I regrettably didn’t get my Father’s Day card out on time 🙁 (please tell me if you were late with this, too, so I know I’m not the only heel-of-a-daughter out there!). But, I did finish this up ON Father’s Day, and it went out a day late 🙂 )
I searched and searched for the perfect digital stamp for this card, and when I saw this one, I knew it was the one! We have a big family barbecue every summer, and my dad always does the grilling; so I immediately ordered this one: King of the Grill from Stampin’ Up .
The card is 6″ x 6″, and I used Copic Sketch markers to color this hilarious dad
The paper collection is 24/Seven by Simple Stories
Every time I make a card or page layout, I always remember afterwards that I should have used a sketch to get started; this time, I actually thought of using a sketch beforehand! So, here’s the one I used, and it came from the Papertake Weekly blog:
OK, now I’m going to give you a real treat; this is a video my dad made from a bunch of pics he and his wife took when they went to the San Juan Mountains in Colorado with their BFF’s last year (and btw, there’s a pic of a badly scraped leg – that would be my adventurous dad, after getting too close to a ledge to get an awesome photograph and starting to fall down the cliff. Yah, he caught himself, thank God. What am I going to do with him?! You know his response? “At least I’d die happy!” ugh )
CLICK ON THE IMAGE; IT’LL TAKE YOU TO THE VIDEO ON SmugMug (my dad is the one with the blue vest and shorts on)
When it asks you for a password, type in: valbydesign
Glad ya didn’t fall off the cliff, dad 😉